Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Monday 5 November 2007

POLL RESULTS JUST IN!

Five people again voted, as my stubborn attempts to canvas opinion on vital TEFL issues continues apace.

In answer to the, some may say indelicately incomplete, statement, "My TEFL salary is:", the following responses were registered, after a recount:
  1. ... none of your bloody business - 0 votes (0%)
  2. ... enough to keep the wolf from the door - 1 vote (20%)
  3. ... enough to keep the wife from the door - 3 votes (60%)
  4. ... enough to keep me in snuff and monogrammed handkerchiefs - 1 vote (20%)
  5. ... sub-Saharan - 0 votes (0%)
One foppish respondant shares my predeliction for stylishly whistle-clean air intakes, one person believes their income enough to keep wild animals at bay, whilst fully 60% regard their pay as enough to keep their spouse from departing.

So there you have it - a TEFL salary won't lose you a wife, but it probably won't gain you one either. There again, it might, depending on whether she's studied numbers in English yet or not. Probably best not to mention it though, just to be on the safe side.

Or something.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tempe Auto Locksmith said...

Appreciatte you blogging this

13 October 2022 at 20:53  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home