Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Saturday 10 November 2007

TIP OF THE WEEK

The Brazilian word “vara” has multiple meanings, including "fishing rod", or, when used in its ribald slang form, "male sexual organ".

So avoid having to give awkward explanations, and/or pay expensive legal bills, and/or avoid eye-contact with your father-in-law for several weeks by remembering never to casually offer to show another man your fishing rod when using a public convenience.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home