Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Tuesday 4 December 2007

FESTIVE TEFL GRAVEYARD QUIZ

As most of Brazil seems to have been winding down for Christmas since around mid-October, here is my contribution to the festive season, based on my blog logo:
  1. Who is Student A?
  2. Who is Student B?
  3. Which poem do the closing lines, "Time held me green and dying, Though I sang in my chains like the sea" come from, and who wrote it?
  4. Which font is "Notes From The TEFL Graveyard" written in? (For readers with Asperger's Syndrome.)
If you include your address, the prize will be a postcard with a picture of the local railway station, the first reinforced concrete building to be constructed in Latin America (postage not included).


Good luck!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger No Good Boyo said...

1. Edgar Allan Poe
2. F Scott Fitzgerald
3. Dylan Thomas "Fern Hill"
4. Fuck knows.

Promise I didn't check anywhere.

Do I get the partial credit of a Brazilian railway station jpeg?

4 December 2007 at 17:56  
Blogger M C Ward said...

50% correct - you're in with a shout.

4 December 2007 at 18:05  
Blogger The TEFL Tradesman said...

1. Paul Rudolph
2. Twink
3. Trick question - it's from an umreleased Pink Fairies song
4. Ladbroke Grove

6 December 2007 at 13:55  
Blogger M C Ward said...

You're not really motivated by the postcard idea are you?

6 December 2007 at 15:02  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home