Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Tuesday 15 September 2009

TEFL HAIKU


Endless autumn:
Waiting for the
Waiting
To cease.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger No Good Boyo said...

Bloke goes into pub
And asks you got any nuts
He then shows them his.

17 September 2009 at 17:38  
Blogger M C Ward said...

From "No Good Boyo - The Official Autobiography"?

Sounds like you been reading too much Kerouac.

17 September 2009 at 17:59  
Blogger Gadjo Dilo said...

There was a young man from Brasil,
Who's teaching job made him feel ill,
So he switched to translation,
Which he embraced, with elation,
But now his blog-readers aren't getting their fill!

18 September 2009 at 02:28  
Blogger M C Ward said...

Fine work, young Gadj. It's true, I have been rather absent, but my troubles have been pouring down like rain recently.

I shall make a concerted effort to write more balls as soon as the signs are propicious.

18 September 2009 at 10:03  
Blogger No Good Boyo said...

Their ears once yearned for
MC's wisdom. Class dismissed.
Autumn. Cold. Alone.


Pip pip old man. Could be worse.

18 September 2009 at 11:30  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home