Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Sunday 7 October 2007

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE WELSH

Anyone seeking a mind-bending alternative to the Sunday papers should check out this blog. The draft Kafkaesque novel Anti-Danube is set to become a post-hope classic. I think it's probably written in English, but it could well be Welsh...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if Kafka had been a Welshman, he wouldn't have written his novels in German, would he now ... boyo.

In fact, he probably wouldn't have made it out of Swansea (or Cardiff), and might have got engaged to a sheep - which could have led to even more bizarre books, I s'pose!

7 October 2007 at 13:16  
Blogger M C Ward said...

I can't argue with a word of that.

7 October 2007 at 18:45  
Blogger No Good Boyo said...

Son, if Kafka had been a Welsh he wouldn't have written novels, he'd have written it all in hymns. Metamorphosis would have been about cockles, Josef K wouldn't have turned up for the hearing and The Castle would have been The Social. If he'd been born in Swansea he certainly wouldn't have made it out of the Swansea Triangle - The Magistrates' Court, the prison and the Swansea Jack public house. Hwyl!

7 October 2007 at 19:45  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home