Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Saturday 6 October 2007

INSIDE LEG MEASUREMENT, PLEASE?

"In order to activate your account, please reply to this message with the following information:

First Name:

Last Name:

Username on Forum:

Address:

Phone Number:

Info about yourself, and a detailed explanation for joining:"


All I wanted to do was take a quick look at Mr D Sperling's jobs forum. We are all aware of the post-9/11 scenario, but isn't this a little excessive? And no, I am not, have never been and never intend to be a member of the TEFL Liberation Front.

The second part of the last item seems a little redundant, considering it's a jobs forum, where, presumably, the principle objective is finding employment.

What does he keep in there that requires such clandestine information gathering...?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger El Gringo Vasco said...

was that to take a look at the forum or post on the forum?

I understood that one must register to post but not to browse.

6 October 2007 at 14:02  
Blogger M C Ward said...

In reality, I found out that someone had reached my blog from said forum. When I tried to follow the link, Mr Sperling asked me to tell him my life story. Strange, because I have no jobs to offer anybody...

6 October 2007 at 15:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I registered to make a comment, writing "and obviously I haven't included my address because I think that is a bit excessive" and still got on.

The other odd thing is, why does Rave Spelling use yahoo- surely he should have his own eslcafe email address, being the Overlord of the TEFL Internet and all...

TEFLtastic blog- www.tefl.net/alexcase

11 October 2007 at 21:11  
Blogger M C Ward said...

I thought the use of yahoo a tad unprofessional also. It reminds one of dodgy emails from Dr. G. Macdonald of Burkina Faso offering 10% of a multi-million dollar BACS payment...

12 October 2007 at 00:17  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home