- According to my late father's genealogical rummaging, I am (very) distantly related to Sir Francis Drake (or Sir Walter Raleigh, I forget which);
- I've suffered two bouts of severe clinical depression (the last 17 years ago) and used to suffer panic attacks. I regained my fragile sanity without recourse to professional help or drugs, partly by reading Free to Be Human by David Edwards, a personal friend with whom I have shared many a beery night over the years. In fact, it may have been the beery nights that cured me, who knows?;
- When I was a baby I used to hum songs from the hit parade in my cot, way before I could talk, leading my father to predict that I was some kind of musical genius. Later attempts to learn the violin at primary school proved his optimism spectacularly unfounded;
- Despite playing rugby for ten years, I never broke a bone or suffered any major injury. Or made a tackle or willingly entered a ruck;
- I am allergic to crab sticks and Big Brother Brasil;
- I once "met" the late Princess of Wales when she came to watch rehearsals for our school production of Guys and Dolls in 1988 and walked within 3 feet of me. It was like seeing real life princess.
I've lost track of who's done this and who hasn't in our spiral arm of the blogalaxy, so if you've read this and you haven't, please do.
Tag rules: Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Write 6 random things about yourself. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted...