Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Tuesday 26 August 2008

FILM CHALLENGE

I forgot to pass on the 12 films for 12 nights challenge. I hereby invite, nay compel, the following to spout forth:

  • Special Brewman
  • Mrs Pouncer
  • Mme de Boyo
  • Rotus

Let's see what the ladies make of it.

(That wasn't a backhanded insult Special Brewman / Rotus)

7 Comments:

Blogger Gyppo Byard said...

Alas, for Mrs Pouncer appears to have imploded.

26 August 2008 at 03:52  
Blogger M C Ward said...

All that Botox/detox. As I stroke my paunch, I reflect on how good it is to be a man.

26 August 2008 at 11:34  
Blogger Gadjo Dilo said...

Indeedy, It's a man's world, MC. I wonder if Mrs Pouncer will come back reincarnated as somebody else, and if we'll recognise her.

26 August 2008 at 14:38  
Blogger Mrs Boyo said...

Not sure that I've had the time to watch 12 films, except those that Boyo was playing during those evenings when I couldn't be motivated to rise from my Modigliani chair.

I relish a challenge. Prepare for a course in Bildung.

27 August 2008 at 06:36  
Blogger Mrs Pouncer said...

How vile to be written off so swiftly by people I PREVIOUSLY REGARDED AS FRIENDS.
My blog was hijacked and besmirched by my bingedrinking sister-in-law and so I had to clean out the Augean stables that she left behind and start afresh.
Luckily, for the last 3 days, I have had the steadying hand of a progressive medic on my tiller and much else besides. I am proud to stand in front of you detoxed, botoxed and with slightly more collagen than strictly necessary. Gadjo, you would know me anywhere. CLdeM Pouncer xx

27 August 2008 at 11:08  
Blogger Mrs Pouncer said...

PS
What exactly am I supposed to do? Do I watch 12 films? Or do I try and remember 12 films? And you know how scared I am of Mrs Boyo.

27 August 2008 at 11:22  
Blogger Gyppo Byard said...

"Written off?" Nay Mrs Pouncer - lamented. Nobody is more delighted than I am to see you returning!

28 August 2008 at 03:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home