Skip to main content

THAT DARN CAT

Whilst I have nothing against felines as a species, I do object to their ungratefulness. Recently a mangy cat fell, or was thrown, into our back yard and we had a hell of a job, that lasted over an hour, manhandling it through the house and out the front door without contracting an exotic zoonotic ailment as it struggled, scratched and bit as we approached the cauldron. Show said that the strange creature gave her the willies, it was so thin and had larger-than-necessary eyes.

Not five minutes later it was back mewing in the back yard again, clearly keen for a second chance to pass Feline panleukopenia to its unsuspecting saviours. Another half an hour's struggling and it was out the front door again.

Since then, there have appeared cat-style footprints on the bonnet of our white car every morning, normally leading up the windscreen and over the roof. "The scamp," we thought. Now things have escalated alarmingly.

Every morning we awake to find cat's business on the front of our vehicle. Not a little, a lot. It like he's inviting his whole family over, the evil little freak. Show, late as usual for an appointment with a wealthy client, sped off a couple of days ago without noticing the cat muck all over the shop, hardly conveying the slick, clean image of the stylish interior designer that has become her hallmark.

My question is: without resorting to unnecessary/expensive violence, is there anything that can dissuade the cat population from defecating in inappropriate places? You know, three parts Coca Cola, one part vinegar and three teaspoons of cement mix, spread in a circle around the area, or something.

Any help would be appreciated, before I set the dogs on 'em.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Put down orange or lemon peel where they go to the toilet, and the local cats will soon find somewhere else to, erm, go.
Clark said…
The cat defecated on the hood, er, bonnet of your car? I think you have highly offended the poor feline. I had a cat that left a calling card in my shoe once. I don't have it anymore.
No Good Boyo said…
Take a milk bottle, of Brazilians have such. Dispose of milk as you would normally.

Fill the bottle to the two-thirds mark with Ward piss, then top it up with cheapo vodka.

Pour it liberally around the target area.

The cat will think the world's largest, Russian moggy has staked out the territory, and will leave well alone.

The vodka neutralises the aroma of your night water, as far as the human nose is concerned.

Good luck.
M C Ward said…
Thanks, engelsk, I'll try your remedy.

Rotus, a bonnet is a hood to you, yes. I don't know what I've done to offend the creature, apart from keep two dogs and save it from being savaged by them.

NGB, at last I've found a use for the bottle of Zubrowka I gained in Poland. I have a feeling it may wipe out all life within a two-mile exclusion zone, but that's just a bonus.
Gadjo Dilo said…
Really, I'm surprised that you, an educator of all things, are thinking in this way. By demarcating some areas as "appropriate" and others as "inappropriate" you are creating false boundaries that inhibit this animal's creativity and personal development.

Popular posts from this blog

FOOLING WITH SCHOOLING

One of the commonest figures to be found within TEFL is the aspiring administrator. This is a teacher who, often drained by years of repetitive, poorly remunerated clowning around in the classroom, seeks a position managing other teachers, such as Director of Studies (aptly and attractively known as "Doss"), from which they can sit in an imaginary TEFL director’s chair smoking a cigar, bellowing, “CUT!” and enjoying not having to pull a linguistic rabbit out of a hat twelve times a day, five days a week. I include myself within this TEFL subgenre, although my past experiences of administration have left me with an odd yearning to get back into the classroom and be king of my own modest sandcastle. In 2005, whilst I was working in HR at a local factory, my Brazilian friend Bert and I decided to start our own school. I had recently managed to wriggle out of a honey trap I’d set for myself, when I offered to give a free English course to my colleagues in the factory’s Training a...

TEFL ANTHEMS VOL. I

An interesting debate over at ELT World in answer to the question, Are your students learning anything? has got me all reflective. Many rock songs are claimed by religious maniacs to include subliminal messages when played backwards or by missing every sixth word or summat, but others are more easily deciphered. As TEFL anthems go, perhaps one of the most memorably haunting has to be Dave Gilmour/Roger Waters' bitterly ironic collaboration reflecting on TEFL one-to-one classes being taught abroad , Wish You Were Here : How I wish, how I wish you were here. We're just two lost souls Swimming in a fish bowl, Year after year, Running over the same old ground. What have we found? The same old fears. Wish you were here. As TEFL mongers we often feel like we're in a fish bowl, year after year , not least because the majority of our students exhibit the retention capacities of the goldfish. After painstakingly explaining that we use the preposition to after various verbs, the ...

NO MORE A-CUSSIN'

In an effort to rid himself of the habit of using foul language at the slightest provocation , a Facebook chum recently asked for suggestions for harmless expressions he could use in front of his Gran and her bingo clique during moments of high stress, astonishment and/or extreme disappointment. I weighed in with, " Crikey! " and, " Great Scott! " Please feel free to add your suggestions, and help to make the world a tiny bit less like a trucker's stopover in Eindhoven .