Skip to main content

É NÓS!!!!!!!

I can barely control my bladder with the excitement of finding out that Rio de Janeiro will be hosting the Olympics in 2016. That'll be a football World Cup in 2014 and an Olympics two years later, with non-stop samba in between.

Big winners? Lula, who will no doubt use this as a victory for his government. Politicians and construction company owners (often the politicians' brothers-in-law) who will be already totting up just how much they can overcharge and what this amount will buy in country mansions, good snuff and bikini-clad teenagers. Pelé, who has finally got a call right, after never managing to predict the correct result of a World Cup since he last played in one. And the drug lords in Rio, who will no doubt be offered unofficial "concessions" in exchange for being good boys during the event.

And, last but not least, Paulo Coelho, a somewhat unexpected inclusion in the Olympic delegation, but who may now be remembered for something other than his books and his claims to be a wizard.

É bonita, é bonita, e é bonita!

Here is a video of Gonzaguinha doing an impression of legendary football star and philosopher, Socrates.

Comments

Gadjo Dilo said…
And I sincerely hope that you, personally, will also be able to cash in on all this, perhaps by providing translation services to the transexual prostitutes in every language used by the amassed Olympic delegates!

(I'm only 3 degrees of separation from Pelé - can anybody beat that?)
Gyppo Byard said…
Congratulations to a worthy winner. I'm glad that South America is to have its first Olympics. Seems only fair. Also, every Olympics is surrounded by dodgy construction, rampant corruption and finger-pointing. So it seems right and fair that we should give the opportunity to a country which excels in these areas.

Gadj - can't do Pele, but I once held a door open for Paul Daniels.
No Good Boyo said…
Congrats, it'll be good to see the Olympics go south for once. If the Greeks managed to sort things out, despite centuries of arse-elbow mislocation, then the Riparians haev a literally fighting chance.

Please passo on the best wishes of the Welsh people to every Brazilian you meet.
M C Ward said…
Thanks, gents, I shall pass on your collective congratulations to the natives, which may take some explaining. But I'm sure it'll be worth the effort.

Gdj, I'm impressed by your 3 degrees stuff. Half the number it normally takes, according to some loon.
1日5万円~が手に入るサイドビジネスのご案内です。男狂いのセレブ女性はネットで知り合った男を次々に金の力で食い散らかしています。そんな女性を手玉にとって大金を稼いでみませんか
M C Ward said…
Unversed as I am in your language, if this is an offer to vastly increase the size of my penis, please URGENTLY RE-POST IN ENGLISH.

Popular posts from this blog

FOOLING WITH SCHOOLING

One of the commonest figures to be found within TEFL is the aspiring administrator. This is a teacher who, often drained by years of repetitive, poorly remunerated clowning around in the classroom, seeks a position managing other teachers, such as Director of Studies (aptly and attractively known as "Doss"), from which they can sit in an imaginary TEFL director’s chair smoking a cigar, bellowing, “CUT!” and enjoying not having to pull a linguistic rabbit out of a hat twelve times a day, five days a week. I include myself within this TEFL subgenre, although my past experiences of administration have left me with an odd yearning to get back into the classroom and be king of my own modest sandcastle. In 2005, whilst I was working in HR at a local factory, my Brazilian friend Bert and I decided to start our own school. I had recently managed to wriggle out of a honey trap I’d set for myself, when I offered to give a free English course to my colleagues in the factory’s Training a...

I AM OFFICIALLY A TIT

Show recently extracted the wind from my sails with typically well-intentioned down-to-earthism. Armed with several diagrams and a kitchen knife , she extolled her opinion that I should concentrate on doing what I can do and stop fannying around trying to learn how to do things I can’t , in yet another feeble-minded attempt to divorce myself from TEFL. Yet again, I believe her to be right. It all started back in May, when I went to Poland with my male voice choir and on the plane to Frankfurt found myself sitting next to Jetro, one of our second tenors. I’d never really spoken to him before, but during the trip I discovered that he ran a small yet growing Internet company , an online system through which owners of used car dealerships could manage their businesses. He explained how previously he’d been something of a factotum, working around the country in various jobs and starting various businesses, until he discovered that he could neither work for somebody nor manage others –...

NO MORE A-CUSSIN'

In an effort to rid himself of the habit of using foul language at the slightest provocation , a Facebook chum recently asked for suggestions for harmless expressions he could use in front of his Gran and her bingo clique during moments of high stress, astonishment and/or extreme disappointment. I weighed in with, " Crikey! " and, " Great Scott! " Please feel free to add your suggestions, and help to make the world a tiny bit less like a trucker's stopover in Eindhoven .