Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Sunday 10 February 2008

CARNAVAL UPDATE!

My belated congratulations to São Paulo's Vai Vai (Go Go) and Rio's Beija Flor (Humming Bird) samba schools for their respective victories in this year's Carnaval.

Sadly, I didn't see either performance in its entirety due to the late hour of their parades, but I did see snippets - pretty sambistas, pretty colours, drill-square-style drumming, etc, etc.

Personally I thought Viradouro might win in Rio, due to their impressive float with skiers and snowboarders going down an artificial ski slope, but it seems the judges preferred sumptuousness over innovation this year. And why not?

I remained indoors for the festivities, keeping my footwear dry as a bone.



----------------
Now playing: Alçeu Valença - La Belle de Jour
via FoxyTunes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home