Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Friday 5 December 2008

SUN, SEX AND SUPERPOWERS

My favourite quotation about Brazil:

"Brazil is not for beginners."
Tom Jobim, co-inventor of Bossa Nova


My second favourite quotation about Brazil:

"Brazil has over four thousand kilometres of beaches. It's full of foxy women. Why struggle to be a superpower?"
Pablo Santucci, Market Leader Intermediate, Group 3A

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms Scarlet said...

The world would be a smoother place if we all had a Brazilian.
Sx

6 December 2008 at 14:37  
Blogger Kevin Musgrove said...

So that's why you never hear about the Isle of Man's nuclear deterrent.

6 December 2008 at 18:25  
Blogger M C Ward said...

Scarlet - smoother and more chaotic, probably.

Kevin, I am impressed with your grasp of geopolitics.

7 December 2008 at 11:47  
Blogger No Good Boyo said...

The rise of Brazil and India to superpower status is only a matter of time. The benefits are huge. Decent music and food respectively, proper religion (Santeria and Hinduism) cancelling out the Jihad/Jeezus stuff, and a sobering moment for Argentina and Pakistan - countries I've always associated with bad dancing and politics.

8 December 2008 at 13:17  
Blogger M C Ward said...

You're right, Boyo, we are the coming storm.

8 December 2008 at 13:50  
Blogger Gadjo Dilo said...

Scarlet, I've had a Brazilian, but it doesn't half make the scotum sore when it starts growing back.

I never liked Argentina, and Candomblé truly rocks, so go for it!

9 December 2008 at 09:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home