Notes from the TEFL Graveyard

Wistful reflections, petty glories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The House of Usher, Brazil

I'm a flailing TEFL teacher who entered the profession over a decade ago to kill some time whilst I tried to find out what I really wanted to do. I like trying to write comedy (I once got to the semi-finals of a BBC Talent competition, ironically writing a sitcom based on TEFL), whilst trying to conquer genetically inherited procrastination... I am now based in Brazil, where I live with my wife and two chins.

Thursday 3 July 2008

LIVE AT MALBORK CASTLE



Am cold, busy and fretful. More soon.

(We were visiting the castle in Pomerania and our guide asked us to belt out a number. Most of the choir were sobbing by the end, but I remained masculine and Anglo Saxon. It's Morten Lauridsen's O Magnum Mysterium, in case you don't recognise it... I'm the shadowy one with the shiny forehead.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Gadjo Dilo said...

Very nice. You must have a cultured conductor to chose such interesting works. Is that you with shiny forehead, grey hair and glasses?? Hope you get less fretful soon.

3 July 2008 at 19:22  
Blogger No Good Boyo said...

Elusive!

3 July 2008 at 21:59  
Blogger M C Ward said...

It's one hell of a tune. Apparently Lauridsen used to work as a park ranger, isolated in a tree cabin looking out for fires and spouting forth swirling beauties such as this. Jack Kerouac did the same, but he just came back an alcoholic buddhist wannabe.

That wasn't my shiny forehead - I have a few grey highlights, but I'm neither specky nor a senior citizen, though sometimes I feel like one. (Like I am one, not desirous of any kind of liaison or eating experience with one).

3 July 2008 at 22:01  
Blogger Mrs Pouncer said...

Just back from Henners, and exactly what I wanted to hear. It drowns out the residual braying that has been the soundtrack to my day. Beautiful weather, though, and sublime rowing, and Mr Pouncer had bought bottles and bottles of Cuvee Lalou for us - can you imagine anything nicer? Next year in Henley, Major, do you think?

4 July 2008 at 19:33  
Blogger Well-lighted Shadows said...

nice...calming, life is a lot more than whiteboards and photocopies:)

6 July 2008 at 09:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home